The Unity Candidate

|

From The Ryskind Sketchbook (to whom also: curtsy)

What if McCain chose Joe Biden too? Think of it! Biden's said
John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain
With /against, whatever! Why not both? This Biden For President ad from 1988 meshes perfectly with McCain's foreign policy.



It's time to remind the world of what America stands for: freedom, equality, justice, opportunity. He thinks it's time to put courage over compromise, time to express America's outrage once again towards repression, brutality, violence, the abuse of human dignity around the world. And if the sparks fly, so be it.

And he believes life begins at conception, voting record notwithstanding.

If there's anyone who could successfully debate himself in a Veep venue, it's Joe Biden, who often defeats himself in ordinary conversation, as the cartoon reminds us. We want to go in opposite directions, my fellow Americans, and Joe Biden is just the man to take us there!

(O/T, but Biden reminds me of David Frye's routine about Hubert Humphrey in I Am The President. It opens with Humphrey saying,
My fellow Americans, I've been asked tonight to say just a few words, and by golly I'm going to try my darnedest. And, yes, my fellow Americans, I shall be brief: economical of word and phrase and sentence and paragraph....)

Update: Catholics Against Joe Biden mysteriously not unifying.