Prepare To Have Your Categories Shattered

|
Archbishop Romero was a son of Opus Dei. From a letter he wrote to Paul VI on the occasion of (now) St. Escriva's death:
Personally, I owe deep gratitude to the priests involved with the work, to whom I have trusted with much satisfaction the spiritual direction of my life and that of other priests."
People from all social classes find in Opus Dei a secure orientation for living as sons of God in the midst of their daily family and social obligations. And this is doubtless due to the life and doctrine of its founder."In this stormy world overrun by insecurity and doubt, the superb doctrinal fidelity that characterizes Opus Dei is a sign of special grace from God.
I expect most people reading that will have to rethink their understanding of either "The Work" or the Archbishop. Indeed, the first comment reads:
I thought he was trendy lefty.Then I thought Escriva was a rabid righty.Maybe I need to read up on both.
And the second comment makes the apt observation that this is
indicative of how great souls rise above the battle-ground set in the 20th Century.
Or we can say small souls make big mistakes when they try to read holiness through an ideological lens. At any rate, I love, love, love that story. Curtsy: Hermeneutic of Continuity.