I'll Give You Sorcery

|

I've been catching up on my Harry Potter Wars reading lately (professional reasons). Not to mock, since witchcraft is certainly something parents want to steer their kids well clear of, but this made me laugh. A Con Law professor's introductory presentation to his students:

You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of constitutional rights-making. As there is little foolish rule-following here, many of you will hardly believe this is law. I don’t expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cert-pool with its shimmering issues, the delicate power of rhetoric that creeps through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death – if you aren’t as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach.
That's gotta be worse than Snape's Potions, right? Yet we have no problem having our kids study Con Law. (Dig the guy's punchline.)