Worst Movie I Have Ever Seen

|
I guess I shouldn't say this lest I depress the "othercott" turnout, but I am just back from seeing Over The Hedge with 3 of my kids, doing my part to outsell the evil competition, and it is even worse than I braced myself for (could the ads be any less inviting?). Or perhaps it is the most bitterly ironic work of art I've ever seen, since it's a critique of soul-less, purposeless suburban life, than which it could hardly be a better example. Loud, tasteless, tedious, soul-less, cheap and without even one clever line.

Once while I was visiting my brother at his hip bachelor pad, we decided on a lark to go to a late show --taking pot luck, since we had no idea what was playing. We ended up at some Christopher Lloyd flick about summer camp that was so awful we bailed after about 15 minutes, went next door and actually endured The Lion King. . .again. This was that bad. Kids of course loved it --tastes must be educated. It's too late for me, but save yourselves and see something else.

For weightier considerations, turn to VDH, who's like a soothing balm after a phrenetic hour-and-a-half. Curtsy, natch, to the Queen of Links.